- Guiding through Lockdown
- 4th Lenzie Brownies raise £1500 whilst completing Charity Badge
- 6th Clydebank Guide, Gaia, takes a trip to Italy to revisit her scouting roots!
- Mairi makes memories at Denmark Dash
- Bearsden Bake Off Success!
- 1st Bearsden Guide Unit Centenary
- 3rd Vale of Leven Guides French Adventure!
- 12th Clydebank Guides Have Science Fun with ‘Centre for Virus Research’
- Kayla’s Certificate of Commendation – One Brave Brownie!
- Accounts for year ended 31st May 2017
- Western Division Rainbow’s Fin-tastic 30th Birthday!
- Clydebank Rainbows 30th Birthday Bash
- Bear Hunt
- Beauty and the Beast
- 3rd Vale of Leven Guides playing outside
- Good luck Beth
- Pizza in a box
- Mermaid Mayhem in Dumbarton
- Clydebank Girls Hit Cumbrae
- Vale of Leven Brownies lend a hand at Christmas
- Cardross Brownies meet First Minister
- Vale Senior Section London Spectacular
- 3rd Vale Guides have a relaxing evening
- Vale Guides visit to Soar and Wonderland Sleepover
- Clydebank Girlguiding Jurassic Adventure
- Great Dunbartonshire Ice Off – The Winners
- West Dunbartonshire Provosts Civic Awards
- Great Dunbartonshire Ice Off Challenge
- Vale of Leven South Senior Section
Mairi makes memories at Denmark Dash
Mairi Paterson (Young Leader at 1st Waterside Rainbows and 5th Kirkintilloch Guides) has returned home from an unforgettable trip to Scandinavia – touring around Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Finland. Mairi was selected to represent Girlguiding Scotland as one of 18 girls at the Denmark Dash challenge held in Copenhagen, alongside 350 girls and volunteers from all over Scotland.
As part of the Denmark Dash challenge, Mairi and her teammates raced against Girlguiding Scotland members to visit famous landmarks and complete an assortment of challenges such as taking the most creative selfie, trying to speak Danish and tasting their local delicacies.
Whilst on the trip Mairi learned about the Vikings in Oslo, visited Stockholm’s ABBA Museum and braced the icy waters of the Allas Sea Pool in Helsinki.
Mairi recounted “Travelling across Scandinavia was an amazing experience. We got to see so many sights and try so many new things. My favourite part was visiting the Abba museum in Stockholm and getting to meet girls from all over Scotland. I’d never been on a trip like this before and it’s given me the confidence to go on other adventures. I know I’ve made friendships and memories that’ll last a lifetime.”
Share your stories
Want to share your news? We'd love to hear what you've been up to! >