Being a member of Girlguiding could take you anywhere in the world!
International adventures are a great opportunity to see amazing sights and meet new people. Travelling overseas gives girls and adults in guiding the opportunity to experience other cultures and gain a better understanding of world issues. Where will guiding take you?
For further information on any of the opportunities below please get in touch with me:
County International Adviser
DISCOVER GREAT INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCES WITHOUT A PASSPORT
Attend an international event in the UK and make new friends from all over the world.
- Chamboree – Cheshire, England, 30 July to 6 August (Bookings Open)
- Kent International Jamboree – Kent, England, 30 July to 6 August (Booking Open)
- Poacher 2022 – Lincolnshire, England, 30 July to 6 August
- Red Rose 2022 – Cumbria, England, 6 August to 13 August
What’s Happening in Dunbartonshire?
We hope to be able to provide some news on INTOPS in the near future, in the meantime please keep checking back for updates.
You’ll find information about applying on the Scottish Website, loads of opportunities each year
Guiding Overseas Linked with Development (GOLD) gives Girlguiding members aged between 18 and 30 the opportunity to volunteer overseas for three weeks in a country like Cambodia, Sri Lanka or Peru alongside five other guiding companions. Projects range from teaching English as a foreign language to running health awareness programmes.
The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts’ World Centres give members the opportunity to come together from all around the globe for an unforgettable adventure.
The five World Centres that Girlguiding Scotland members and their family and friends can visit are:
- Our Cabaña in the heart of Mexico
- Our Chalet in the snowy mountains of Switzerland
- Pax Lodge in the midst of the bustling city of London
- Sangam in the exotic east, India
- Kusafiri a unique centre that moves around Africa
Each centre offers a host of activities and events to help visitors learn more about the countries they are in, giving you the the perfect way to submerge yourself in a new culture in a home away from home.